We are an Australian family owned and run company that strives to keep sustainability at the heart and core of our business. Many factors are involved in what makes a business and it’s products sustainable – we deeply care about the environment and the world our children will inherit. We also care about the economic and social sustainability practices important to Australia.
We limit the impact of our production process in everyway possible and strive to limit the environmental impact of our products by producing durable, low-maintenance items that will last a lifetime.
We refer to some of our processes below to highlight the sustainability assets we are proud off.
- All of our products are handcrafted in our studio at Burleigh Heads on the Gold Coast,Queensland, Australia. (No robotic machines, oversea’s freight, or overseas labour. We support local to sustain local economy).
- Our bathware products are made from our unique resin composite material Oxyform TM it has been designed with durability, longevity and sustainability in mind. Comparatively our production methods use minimal energy and resources.
OxyformTM is a Low Volitile Organic Compound (VOC) material that cures when exposed to oxygen.
- Each basin is sculpted specific to measurement, leaving no wastage or clean-up after each basin is crafted.
- Our basins are easy to maintain. Due to the dense and non porous surface our basins are stain and bacteria resistant and clean up easily with warm soapy water. No harsh chemicals required. And no on-going maintenance waxes or sealers needed.
- In the unlikely event of damage to the surface of a basin, it can be easily polished or repaired over the lifetime of the product.
- Our bathware is substantially lighter in weight compared to other sanitary-ware products (such as ceramic or concrete) therefore requires less energy in terms of building elements, transport, and installation.
- Our unique colouring system flows through the entire product which ensures repeated consistent colour matching and no samples are discarded.
- All of our packaging is recyclable and sourced through Australian suppliers.
Thank you for supporting The Basin Lab – an all Australian company.
DECLARATION OF PRODUCT
Wednesday 30th March 2022
ROUND VESSEL BASIN; Issue 001
MATERIAL DATA SHEET FOR
DIMENSIONS: All dimensions are in millimeters and are subject to normal manufacturing variations. The Basin Lab reserves its right in design and performance of its products. The right is therefore reserved to vary specifications without notice.
Waste outlet hole: 44mm
Capacity: 5 Litres Maximum
THE FOUR 2022 COLLECTIONS ARE.
POWDER – NATURE – PEARL – LIQUID.
WASTE OUTLET: The four Collections have been designed to suit a 40mm trap and pop-up waste, allowing better flow when draining the basin.
BOWL CAPACITY: 5 Litres maximum capacity.
OVERFLOW: No overflow.
FIXING: The outer circumference of the basin must be sealed to the counter-top with a translucent neutral cured silicone sealant. Do not seal under the basin.
POWDER COLLECTION – 12 colours.
NATURE COLLECTION – 5 colours.
PEARL COLLECTION – 5 colours.
LIQUID COLLECTION – 4 colours.
POWDER COLLECTION – Matt.
NATURE COLLECTION – Low sheen.
PEARL COLLECTION – Gloss.
LIQUID COLLECTION – Gloss.