The iLLUMi™ electrical system is 24 Volts (Low Voltage). You simply have your electrician connect it to a transformer, we recommend, IP67 – 30Watt – dimmable – DC – to suit AS/NZS 60598.1 and AS/NZ 60598.2.1, electrician can wire it to a light switch or movement sensor, allowing operation from there.
- Have you bench top cut out to fit the iLLUMi™ Lightbox, we recommend you refer to the spec sheets attached for the different sizes depending on your basin shape, the spec sheets can also be found on our website, see link and QR code below. A minimum bench top thickness of 20mm is required. (If your bench top is thinner than 20mm please let us know, we can adjust the lightbox to fit any thickness)
- Remove the brown protection paper covering the top and bottom surface of the light box.
- We recommend the electrical wire protruding from the light box be placed at the back so as not to interfere with drawers or doors.
- Remove the protection paper on the Double-sided tape around the black rim of the Lightbox; between the spaces of double sided tape squeeze a small 10mm dollop of silicone onto the black outside lip of the light box, from inside the vanity or from under the bench top push the light box up into the cut-out hole, the double-sided tape will hold the light box in place until the silicone cures, we recommend propping the light box during the cure process.
- Once the Silicone has cured, place your basin in position, making sure the basin is supported by the bench top.
- From inside your basin, silicone and fit the waste (we recommend a 40mm pop up waste) into the basin outlet hole, from underneath fit the 50mm PVC sleeve over the 40mm waste threaded neck, slide up inside the Light Box internal hole to the bottom of the basin, fit waste nut and tighten up against the 50mm PVC sleeve, screw up to required tightness, clean any excess silicone with soapy water and an ice block stick, fit trap.
- Silicone around your basin.
You also have the option of having your electrician install a Movement Sensor
into the light switch allowing the basin to turn on and off with
movement, essentially turning your basin into a night light.
Always ask your electrician for their opinion.